2019 Season- Instrumental, Vocal and Dance Auditions will be be held Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019. All Auditions are held in Dixon Hall, Tulane University. Individual times will be assigned
Deadline- January 12, 2019
1. Auditionists (except for vocalists) are divided into three groups:
Junior Group – composed of auditionists through 8th grade.
Intermediate Group – composed of auditionists in 9th through 12th grades.
Young Artists Group – composed of auditionists in college or who have not yet reached their 26th birthday.
Vocalists are divided into two groups according to age:
Intermediate Group – composed of auditionists age 16 through age 19.
Young Artists Group – composed of auditionists age 20 through age 25
2. Audition fees:
Audition fees are $20.00 for soloists. For ensembles of two or more (choral, instrumental or dance) an audition fee of $30.00 will be charged, with the understanding that the group will also pay any incidental expenses necessary to its performance. Full payment must accompany the application form. Audition fees are not refundable.
3. All audition music performed by piano, instrument and vocal soloists must be memorized.Duets and Chamber groups may use the music.
4. Soloists who have appeared on a Junior Philharmonic program one season are not eligible to audition for the solo performance on the same instrument the following season.
5. Soloists who need an accompanist or sound recording must supply his/her own. Dixon Hall is equipped with a tape deck and compact disc player.
6. Instrumentalists are responsible for only one movement of a sonata or sonatina.
7. Dancers: only practice clothes may be worn for audition.
8. Junior Philharmonic keys will be presented only to students who have both auditioned and performed in recital. For ensembles, a single award will be presented.
9. The day of the auditions, the auditionist will perform two pieces but must bring the music for the three pieces listed on the application form; the first piece to be performed is chosen by the auditionist and the judges will choose the second piece from the remaining two titles.
Please email filled in application form to Peggy Fransen, Audition Chair ,firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Print Out completed Application Form and mail with check payable to Jr. Philharmonic Society of New Orleans to
P.O.Box 13095 New Orleans, La. 70185-3095
The deadline for 2018 auditions is Jan. 5th.
Individual times will be assigned and you will be contacted by e-mail to receive your audition time! Any questions, please e mail Peggy Fransen at email@example.com