2021 Season- Instrumental, Vocal and Dance Auditions will be held Virtually. Everyone will send in a YouTube video, if you are chosen as a performer then we will use the same YouTube video for our concert.
Deadline- January 22, 2021
1. Auditionists (except for vocalists) are divided into three groups:
Junior Group – composed of auditionists through 8th grade.
Intermediate Group – composed of auditionists in 9th through 12th grades.
Young Artists Group – composed of auditionists in college or who have not yet reached their 26th birthday.
Vocalists are divided into two groups according to age:
Intermediate Group – composed of auditionists age 16 through age 19.
Young Artists Group – composed of auditionists age 20 through age 25
2. Audition fees:
Audition fees are $25.00 for soloists. For ensembles of two or more (choral, instrumental or dance) the audition fee is $35.00 for the group , with the understanding that the group will also pay any incidental expenses necessary to its performance. Audition fees are not refundable.
3. All audition music performed by piano, instrument and vocal soloists must be memorized. Duets and Chamber groups may use the music.
4. Soloists who have appeared on a Junior Philharmonic program one season are not eligible to audition for the solo performance on the same instrument the following season.
5.. Instrumentalists are responsible for only one movement of a sonata or sonatina.
7. Dancers will dress in full costume.
9. The instrumental and vocal auditionist will prepare 2 pieces of music representing 2 musical periods.